Sunday, March 8, 2009

Come vote on the EBW Challenge!

It's official! The voting is now open for the Etsy Beadweaver's Challenge. I am honored to be in the company of such amazing bead artists and I enjoy participating in these challenges SO much. The theme for the February Challenge was "Temptations", and it is absolutely fabulous to see all of the incredible entries. My entry is "Sweet Beaded Temptation" and it is #13 in the picture below.



To vote for my piece or any of the other fabulous creations, visit http://www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/ . Your support of our wonderful group of artists is much appreciated!

In other news.....

I am so excited to have been asked to be a guest teacher at Indigo Beads in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Starting on March 28, 2009, I will begin a two part "Bead Embroidered Pendant" class. When that is finished, I will be teaching a beadweaving class. I love to teach beading techniques and see the excitement in the eyes of the students. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!

Also, my very favorite student has finished her first Bead Embroidered Cuff, and it is fabulous!! My Mom, Kay Easton, has been doing embroidery of all sorts for as long as I can remember. Sometime around Christmas, I finally convinced her to try bead embroidery. She made a beautiful pendant and was instantly hooked. Now she has completed her first cuff, and here it is!


This cuff was inspired by 6 Atlantic seashell focal pieces and adorned with freshwater pearls, gemstone chips, swarovski crystals, Czech firepolished beads, delica beads, seed beads and Charlottes. Isn't it beautiful?!?

1 comment:

Beads Perles said...

Hi!

We would like to contact you but we are not able to find your e-mail.

¿Could you write us?
beads.perles@gmail.com
beads.perles@yahoo.es

Yours sincerely
BEADS PERLES
http://beads-perles.blogspot.com/