Friday, February 20, 2009

Hello again! It's been TOO LONG!

Hi again. I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. Yikes! It has been a long couple of months, but the bead work goes on. In spite of all of my trips to Klamath Falls and hours of dental work, I have managed to finish several pieces. Here are some examples!


This piece is called "With A Twist". I really love how it turned out. It is a bead embroidered cuff with a lime green soapstone cabochon as the focal point. I also used Austrian crystal rondelles, Czech fire polished beads, pressed glass leaves and several kinds of seed beads/delicas. It is the first bracelet I have done with a curved band, and I am SO happy with how it looks.


After much consideration, I named this piece "Sweet Beaded Temptation". The focal pieces are 6 gemstone cabochons, all in different shapes and colors. The embroidery on the band incorporates swarovski crystals in several colors, freshwater pearls, gemstone chips, Czech fire polish beads, pressed glass leaves and countless seed beads and delica beads. I am thrilled with this one! It was created as my entry for the February challenge for the Etsy Bead-Weaver's Team. The theme this time was "Temptation". This cuff represents all of my favorite temptations these days. I just can't get enough of beautiful beading components. Ahhhhh.

I will be posting more pictures in the next couple of days, so stay tuned.... : )

No comments: