Sunday, December 28, 2008

A fantastic holiday visit!


Hi again. I haven't posted in a bit, and I thought I would check in. We had a wonderful Christmas vacation at Mom's house. We stayed from 12/21 to 12/26, and it was wonderful. The kids had a great time playing in the snow and playing video games. We also got to visit my brother Andy, it was great!


I had some great beading time in the midst of all of the excitement too. In an earlier post, I showed you the pendant I started for my Mom using my Grandmother's petrified wood cabochon. I worked on that and finished the pendant by Christmas Eve. Then we went to the local bead store, Indigo Beads, to shop for beads to make the matching necklace. We had a wonderful time shopping and started a new tradition of creating a project for each family member for Christmas. The shop is run by Angie Britton, a friend of mine since junior high. She just opened her store this year, and it's been a screaming success. She has all sorts of amazing treasures! She has also asked me to teach a class for her during the next class schedule! What an awesome honor!

Here is a picture of my mom wearing her new treasure. I have decided to call it "Mother Earth." The pendant is a bead embroidery piece using delicas in 3 blue/grey colors and a Swarovski crystal accent. The necklace is composed of blue and grey freshwater pearls and czech firepolished beads.


I am currently gathering up cabachons to start some new bead embroidery projects for Valentines Day. We will see what they actually end up as. : ) They kind of do their own thing during the creative process. I am very excited about the next EBW Challenge. The theme for the January Challenge is "Tropical Holiday", and my mind is just spinning with ideas already. I am having visions of Hawaiian oceans and Caribbean skies. Ahhhhhh........

No comments: