Saturday, December 13, 2008

Exciting Developments!

I had a very exciting day in the beading world today, and I have to write all about it. I am very new to marketing my pieces on the internet and to internet sales period. I thought it would be much easier than it is, but I am learning a lot as I go along. I joined Etsy in August, and I had no idea what to do except for to list the couple of items I had for sale and wait for someone to buy them. Fortunately for me, I found the Etsy Beadweavers group early on. There are so many "famous" and brilliant beading artists in this group that I was awe struck. I started learning what these ladies are doing to promote their items and trying to emulate it. I have had quite a time joining all of these sites and figuring out what to do.

One of the ways artists promote themselves and others on Etsy is to create Treasuries. These groupings are usually of like items or items in a certain color scheme etc. The Treasuries are sometimes used on the front page of the website, and also it is another way for customers to shop these items. It's very cool. But anyway.........TODAY I WAS IN MY FIRST TREASURY!!! I was so excited that I posted a picture of it on the blog. I have to send a huge thank you to Grandma Marilyn. She chose my item for her treasury! She is also a very nice lady and one of my friends from my beading group. Please check out her Etsy shop and show her some love.

Another happy occasion as well today. The "Blue Universe" bead embroidered cuff has found a new home. I adore this piece, and I am thrilled that Rebecca has fallen in love with it as well. Here is a picture...

I am really excited about this sale. Of course I am hoping to have more before the holidays, but I am totally thrilled over this one. I got a special order this week for 5 bracelets too! I will be posting pictures as I can of all of the works I have in progress. I think I already like this blogging stuff. : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your jewelry is beautiful. You have a marvelous eye for for color and textures.