Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gearing up for Christmas and a couple of "works in progress."

Hello again from the Arctic! Just kidding, but it sure feels like it. We are only 74 miles away from our house, but the difference in the weather is unbelievable! I can't believe I lived in this town for so many years by choice. : ) We are having a great time in spite of the weather though. My Mom and I went Christmas shopping last night and wore ourselves out. We did find quite a few great deals though. Today I am taking my family to visit my brother, Andy. We haven't seen him in almost 2 years, so we are very excited.

I have a couple of new projects going, and I am very excited about them. At this point they are "works in progress", but I am going to post pictures anyway. The first set are going to be components of a necklace. Green is my favorite color, and therefore also my favorite color to bead with. I think these have turned out very pretty. I can't wait to see them all done.


The next piece is a piece of petrified wood that my Grandma (who passed in 1989) had collected and polished. I am making a pendant for my Mom out of it. I love the wood grain and the blue tones in this piece. I am planning on making a bail on this piece and creating a necklace for it to be worn on. This one was hard to photograph, but I think you will get the idea.


In case I don't get a chance to blog again before Christmas, I just want to say how blessed I have been this year and how thankful I am for my amazing family and friends. I love you all, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments: